- A family sketch and other private writings!
- Signal and Image Representation in Combined Spaces.
- Secrets Draun From Underground.
- The economy of modern India, 1860-1970!
Drawing upon and integrating the approaches of archaeology, comparative ethnography, and historical linguistics, they advance a phylogenetic model for cultural diversification, and apply a triangulation method for historical reconstruction. They illustrate their approach through meticulous application to the history of the Polynesian cultures, and for the first time reconstruct in extensive detail the Ancestral Polynesian culture that flourished in the Polynesian homeland - Hawaiki - some 2, years ago.
ISBN 13: 9780521783095
Of great significance for Oceanic studies, Kirch and Green's book will be essential reading for any anthropologist, prehistorian, linguist, or cultural historian concerned with the theory and method of long-term history. Methodologies implementing the phylogenetic model.
Polynesia as a phylogenetic unit. Introductory remarks.
- Shop now and earn 2 points per $1.
- Read Hawaiki Ancestral Polynesia An Essay In Historical Anthropology !
- Hawaiki, Ancestral Polynesia: An Essay in Historical Anthropology by Patrick Vinton Kirch.
- CISSP All in one Exam Guide!
- Navigation menu.
The Ancestral Polynesian world. Food preparation and cuisine.
Hawaiki, Ancestral Polynesia: An Essay in Historical Anthropology - Dimensions
Material culture. Introductory remarks.
The Ancestral Polynesian world. Food preparation and cuisine. Material culture.
Gods ancestors seasons and rituals. Glossary of terms.
See a Problem?
Subject index. Index of Proto Polynesian Reconstructions.
Social and political organization.